MOUNT SINAI MEDICAL CENTER
GREENE PAVILION BUILDING HARDENING
Mt. Sinai Medical Center
Gresham Smith & Partners
Miami Beach, FL
The project consisted of upgrading the building hardening of a multi-level building into a hurricane resistant exterior system, which included:
• Replacing 111 windows to hurricane resistant windows.
• Replacing 7 louvers to hurricane resistant louvers.
• Replace EIFS System using two systems, Sto (framing application) & Acrocrete (CMU application).
• Build two mechanical shafts 8 stories high to pressurize the building stairwells.
• Interior renovation for pressurized stairwells.
• Interior renovation around the perimeter of
• Complete renovation for 5th, 6th, & 7th ICU floors, which included, plumbing, millwork, lighting, flooring and painting.